Tuesday, February 4, 2014

You Know Me

 
Before you read this, watch this video!
 
I'm a sucker for a good worship song, so when I heard 'You Know Me' by Steffany Frizzell for the first time, I was hooked.
 
Every time I listen to this song, I am completely overwhelmed & in awe of the simple fact that
God knows me.
 
But I'm not just his acquaintance.
In fact, he knows every detail of my life:
 
He knew me before I was in my mother's womb (Jeremiah 1:5), & He formed me.
He knows my name (Isaiah 41:3), & He calls me.
He knows how many hairs are on my head (Jeremiah 1:5), & He counts them all.
He knows the desires of my heart (Psalm 37:4), & He provides them.
 
(This last one really gets me.)
He knows my sin, (Psalm 69:5), & He LOVES me.


This Sunday at Church 29:11, Pastor Rick preached on love. You can listen to the message here.
He said:
 "God is the one who has been wronged. He's been disobeyed. He's been rebelled against- all the promises we make to Him that we break. We do all this against God, & then God says, "You've done this against me, but I'm still going to pay for it, & I'm going to pay for it with the best that I've got- my own son, Jesus Christ.
That's sacrifice, & that's what the Word of God says is true love."

You see, God is never surprised by us.
He doesn't fall off his throne when we get a new job or refinance our house or fight with our spouse.
He knows us to our very core, & nothing gets past him.
The good, the bad, & the ugly: He sees it all & still loves us.


Tonight I am thankful for a God who 'hung the stars & moves the sea' & still knows me.

(& for Steffany Frizzell's rockin' voice. That girl can sing.)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment